Mission & Goals
Gainesville Fire Department is dedicated to being the best community-focused fire and rescue department that meets the ever-changing needs of our community while ensuring a safe and secure environment for all through professional development, unity, and teamwork.
Gainesville Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of public safety services for our community. We protect lives and property through fire suppression, emergency medical response, disaster management, fire prevention, and public education.
Statement of Core Values
We, the members of the Gainesville Fire Department are committed to the following values in our interactions with coworkers and customers:
- Professionalism - In application, appearance, attitude, and standards
- Integrity - Demonstrate honesty and fairness
- Compassion - Demonstrate kindness and empathy
- Responsibility and Accountability - Professionally, personally, and fiscally responsible for our actions
- Respect - For each other, our Department, the City Government, and our customers, the citizens and visitors of the City of Gainesville
- Diversity - Be open-minded and responsive to the uniqueness of our community without regard to age, gender, religion, or ethnic origin
- Commitment - In all department endeavors
- Teamwork - Encourage unity and a cooperative attitude
- Health and Safety - Personal and professional health and safety are paramount in fulfilling the mission of the Gainesville Fire Department.