Notice from Gainesville Municipal Court
Gainesville Municipal Court has resumed court sessions, and operations will follow the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Georgia Supreme Court and Council of Municipal Court Judges. In the event you do not feel comfortable appearing in court, contact Gainesville Municipal Court by calling 770-531-2668 or sending a message.
Updated Court Procedures
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Gainesville Municipal Court is taking steps to keep the public and court personnel safe and healthy. Court has implemented the following guidelines to ensure everyone has the opportunity to handle their judicial matter safely and efficiently. Precautions are as follows:
- Health Screenings - You will be required to complete a health screening (consisting of a questionnaire and temperature check) before entering the building.
- Staggered Court Times- Assigned by the last name, please arrive at the time listed on the notice mailed to you by Gainesville Municipal Court. If you are unsure of your appearance time, contact the court.
- Social Distancing - As you approach the courtroom entrance, markers will be placed on the ground 6 feet apart. Due to limited seating in the courtroom, we will not allow more than one guest to accompany a defendant inside.
- Masks and Hand Sanitizer - Every person entering the building and courtroom will be required to use hand sanitizer and wear a mask. You can wear your own mask or the court will provide you one .
Update Contact Information
If you have reviewed your citation and need to update any contact information, please fill out the update form here.
Gainesville Municipal Court reserves the right to make changes to your court appearance time and date. No negotiations will be made. Solicitors will review your case before your court date and will make their recommendation to the court. If you have a question for the solicitor, please contact the solicitor. If you have a question for the public defender, please contact the public defender.
To view the court calendar, click here. This calendar is the most up-to-date option provided by the court.
Many fines are payable without making a court appearance. Once a fine has been paid, you are no longer required to appear in court to close your citation. Your options to pay are as follows:
- Pay online* by clicking here.
- Pay via phone* by calling 770-531-2668 and selecting the appropriate option.
- Pay in person* at the Gainesville Public Safety Complex, located at 701 Queen City Parkway.
- Mail in your check or money order to 701 Queen City Parkway SW, Gainesville, GA 30501. You can make your check payable to City of Gainesville. Please include your citation or write the citation number on the check.
*A service fee will be added to all card payments by Government Window LLC to cover the cost of the secure and convenient payment service.