Gainesville Connection provides scheduled bus services throughout the City of Gainesville, and parts of the City of Oakwood and unincorporated Hall County. Buses operate five days a week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 770-503-3333 for more information.
- All buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and seatbelts.
- All passengers are encouraged to use seatbelts.
- Smoking is prohibited on all buses and at all bus stops.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are prohibited on all buses.
- Packages are limited to two bags.
- Holiday schedules will be posted on the buses.
- The exact fare must be used when boarding the bus.
- Passengers who behave poorly will be removed from the buses.
- A reduced fare card must be shown to pay a reduced fare.
- Unforeseen events will delay the buses, so please plan accordingly.
- Be at your bus stop five minutes early with your fare.
- $0 Children age 6 or under 42 inches in height
- $1 Bus fare for everyone
- Free Brenau students with a valid student ID
- Passenger must give exact fare to drivers
- Reduced Fare Cards for seniors may be purchased for $3 with proper photo I.D. from the administrative office
- Reduced Fare Cards for persons with disabilities may be purchased for $3 with proper Social Security documentation
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Reasonable Accommodations
- Hall Area Transit will provide mobility device accommodation provided the device does not exceed the lift capabilities in length and width and the weight of the chair or other mobility device, when occupied, does not exceed the manufacturers specified weight limit.
- The bus operator will assist individuals in safely boarding and exiting from the vehicles. The bus operator will also assist with the proper securement of patrons with mobility devices. Individuals with mobility impairments who need special assistance in navigating to and from the vehicle should have a personal care attendant (PCA) ride with them. When the scheduler is notified, PCA may ride for free.
- Persons using respirators or portable oxygen are permitted on vehicles.
- Service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities are also permitted.
Reasonable Accommodation (Modification of Policies & Practices)
Hall Area Transit will make reasonable modifications to policies, practices, or procedures when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination on the basis of a disability or to provide program accessibility to its services, subject to the limitations of Federal Regulations 37.169(c)(1)(3. Individuals requesting modifications to Hall Area Transit shall contact the ADA Facility Representative and describe what they need in order to use the service. Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term "reasonable modification" when making a request. Call 770-503-3333 for more information.