GAINESVILLE, Ga. (July 15, 2021) – The Gainesville Farmers Market returns Friday, July 16, to the historic square in downtown Gainesville.
For the 13th year, attendees have the opportunity to enjoy local produce, artisan foods, handmade crafts and live music, all available from 2:30-6:30 p.m. The market will return weekly, every Friday, through Oct. 1.
“Our local North Georgia farmers and vendors have become a beloved part of the downtown community," said Main Street Gainesville Manager Nicole Ricketts. “Our hope for the farmers market is to bring people to the downtown square and remind our community about our beloved small businesses within Historic Downtown Gainesville. We hope patrons will both shop at the farmers market as well as support local retailers, services and restaurants. The heartbeat of the Main Street program is to promote the small businesses within the historic district."
According to Gainesville Farmers Market officials, attendees will have the opportunity to visit with the following vendors July 16:
• Fambro Farm, offering heirloom vegetables and farm-fresh eggs;
• Shook's Family Farm, offering heirloom vegetables and local honey;
• Presley’s Farm & Garden, offering pasture-raised beef and pork, plus vegetables;
• B & B Enterprises, offering honey, beeswax candles, honey straws;
• Haven Hollow Herbs, offering natural remedies for chronic and everyday illnesses;
• Surrounded by Beauty, offering fresh-cut flower bouquets;
• Thornhill Woodworking, offering cutting boards and charcuterie boards.
“Friday afternoons and evenings on the square are a community favorite – come downtown to shop, eat and play!" Ricketts said.
Visitors are encouraged to take advantage of free parking within the Main Street Parking Deck or Hall County Parking Facility, both located just off the square.
"We have a lot of development going on downtown right now and street parking is minimal," Ricketts said. "If you’re new to town, just follow the purple 'FREE PARKING' signs to the parking deck.”
For more information, visit hallfarmers.org or find @hallfarmers on Facebook.