GAINESVILLE, Ga. (Oct. 27, 2021) – The City of Gainesville will observe the Veterans Day holiday Thursday, Nov. 11, resulting in unavailability of the following facilities and services:
All administrative offices, including those at the:
- Gainesville Administration Building
- Gainesville Community and Economic Development Building
- Gainesville Public Safety Complex
- Gainesville Civic Center (Gainesville Parks & Recreation), etc. The Frances Meadows Aquatic Center will remain open Nov. 11.
Gainesville-Hall County Community Service Center, including:
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Life Center
- Fingerprinting services
Garbage and recycling
- No garbage will be picked up Nov. 11. Please hold garbage until Monday, Nov. 15; recycling will be picked up as scheduled. Find the 2021 Holiday Garbage and Recycling Schedule here.
The City will return to business as usual Friday, Nov. 12.
For more information and timely updates, visit gainesville.org or find @GainesvilleGeorgiaGovernment on Facebook.
Stay connected with the City of Gainesville
Sign up today to receive alerts regarding City news, notices and emergencies via email and/or text message. To enable this service, create an account here.