GAINESVILLE, Ga. (Nov. 15, 2021) – The City of Gainesville will observe the Thanksgiving holiday Thursday, Nov. 25-Friday, Nov. 26, resulting in unavailability of the following facilities and services:
All administrative offices, including those at the:
- Gainesville Administration Building
- Gainesville Community and Economic Development Building
- Gainesville Public Safety Complex
- Gainesville Water Resources Building (Queen City Parkway)
- Gainesville Civic Center (Gainesville Parks & Recreation), etc.
Frances Meadows Aquatic and Community Center
- The facility will remain closed through Saturday, Nov. 27.
Gainesville-Hall County Community Service Center, including:
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Life Center
- Fingerprinting services
Garbage and recycling
- No garbage or recycling will be picked up Nov. 25-26. Find the 2021 Holiday Garbage and Recycling Schedule here.
The City will return to business as usual Monday, Nov. 29.
For more information and timely updates, visit gainesville.org or find @GainesvilleGeorgiaGovernment on Facebook.
Stay connected with the City of Gainesville
Sign up today to receive alerts regarding City news, notices and emergencies via email and/or text message. To enable this service, create an account here.