GAINESVILLE, Ga. (Dec. 7, 2021) – The City of Gainesville will observe the Christmas holiday Thursday, Dec. 23-Friday, Dec. 24, resulting in unavailability of the following facilities and services:
All administrative offices, including those at the:
- Gainesville Administration Building
- Gainesville Community and Economic Development Building
- Gainesville Public Safety Complex
- Gainesville Water Resources Building (Queen City Parkway)
- Gainesville Civic Center (Gainesville Parks & Recreation), etc.
Frances Meadows Aquatic and Community Center
- The facility will remain closed through Saturday, Dec. 25.
Gainesville-Hall County Community Service Center, including:
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Life Center (will remain closed through Jan. 2, 2022, reopening Jan. 3, 2022)
- Fingerprinting services
Garbage and recycling
- No garbage or recycling will be picked up Dec. 23-24. Find the 2021 Holiday Garbage and Recycling Schedule here.
The City will return to business as usual Monday, Dec. 27.
For more information and timely updates, visit gainesville.org or find @GainesvilleGeorgiaGovernment on Facebook.